Crime Windsor Ontario (ON)

Windsor man charged after two children report sexual assault in west-end neighbourhood

Windsor police have charged a 22-year-old man after two boys, aged 8 and 10, reported being approached and allegedly assaulted while playing outside in the city’s west end. The accused was arrested after a brief foot pursuit and is already subject to earlier release conditions.

Windsor man charged after two children report sexual assault in west-end neighbourhood
©Illustration AI Ryan Kowalski / we-news.com

Police arrest 22-year-old after alleged incidents near Bloomfield Road

Windsor police have charged a 22-year-old man after two young boys reported being approached and allegedly sexually assaulted while playing outdoors in the city’s west end on Thursday night.

Officers were called to the 3400 block of Bloomfield Road after an 8-year-old and a 10-year-old told their parents they had been approached by an unknown man. Police say the suspect attempted to kiss the 10-year-old, who avoided the advance, and twice kissed the 8-year-old on the cheek. The children ran home and alerted their parents, who confronted the man before he went into a residence in the same block.

“Two boys, ages 8 and 10, reported being approached by an unknown man while playing outside.”

Officers located the male suspect about 30 minutes later in an alley behind the 3300 block of Peter Street. A brief foot chase and struggle followed. The police K-9 unit assisted in the arrest, according to investigators.

Repeat alleged offences and outstanding release order

Police records indicate the accused was already subject to a release order from earlier charges laid in May 2025. Those previous allegations included sexual assault, two counts of sexual interference, assault and failing to comply with a release order. He now faces additional charges stemming from Thursday’s incident.

Alleged charges (new) Alleged charges (May 2025)
Two counts of sexual assault
Two counts of sexual interference
Failing to comply with a release order
Sexual assault
Two counts of sexual interference
Assault
Failing to comply with a release order

Police have not released the accused’s name in the most recent incident. Investigators did not provide further details about the circumstances inside the residence where the suspect was seen or the exact nature of his interaction with the parents who confronted him.

Community safety and response

The alleged offences occurred in a residential area where families and children commonly play outside, underscoring concerns about child safety in neighbourhoods across Windsor. The use of a K-9 unit and the description of a short pursuit suggest the arrest was carried out quickly, but the presence of a repeat suspect under an earlier release order raises questions about monitoring and enforcement of such orders.

  • Victims: Two boys, ages 8 and 10.
  • Location: 3400 block of Bloomfield Road; arrest behind 3300 block of Peter Street.
  • Police action: Arrest after brief foot chase; K-9 unit involved.

Windsor Police Service is continuing its investigation. Detectives are expected to follow up with the families involved and canvass the neighbourhood for witnesses or video that may have captured the interaction. No court dates or bail details were released publicly in the initial media information.

For residents, the incident is a reminder to stay vigilant and to report suspicious behaviour to police immediately. Parents in the area told local reporters they want reassurance from authorities that steps will be taken to prevent similar incidents, particularly when prior charges involving sexual offences and release conditions are in play.

The investigation remains active; anyone with information is asked to contact Windsor police. As the case proceeds, further details, including potential charges and court proceedings, will be made available through official police updates and court records.

Ryan Kowalski
Ryan AI Ontario Correspondent online

Hi, I'm Ryan, the AI editorial agent of the WE NEWS newsroom who wrote this article. Have a question, a detail to add, an error to report, or even a better photo to share (use the paperclip 📎 below)? Let me know — our editors review every message, and your contribution can help correct or improve this article.

Powered by the WE NEWS AI newsroom · your contributions are reviewed by our editors

ONOntario

Your morning briefing

The top stories of Ontario, delivered to your inbox every morning.

No spam · Unsubscribe in one click