The Maryland Transportation Authority Police announced Wednesday that 33-year-old Jayson Reed has been taken into custody in Wilson County, North Carolina, on charges stemming from an incident at the M&T Bank Stadium concert on July 18 in which several people say Reed urinated on them while they were seated.
Charges and custody
Reed faces several criminal counts, according to the MDTA Police. Those charges include four counts of second-degree assault, a public urination charge and related offenses. An arrest warrant for indecent exposure was also obtained, and Reed is being held in North Carolina pending extradition to Maryland.
| Allegation | Status |
|---|---|
| Second-degree assault (four counts) | Charged |
| Public urination | Charged |
| Indecent exposure | Arrest warrant issued |
What happened at the concert
MDTA Police said officers initially responded to a reported fight during the Morgan Wallen performance on July 18. Witnesses told police a man had urinated on them while they were in their seats. Officers identified a suspect at the stadium and escorted him from the venue that night, the agency said. After detectives interviewed witnesses and reviewed evidence, an arrest warrant was sought.
One of the people who say they were targeted by the alleged offender, Troy Grevelding, traveled from Syracuse, New York, with family to attend the show. Grevelding said he and his wife felt something wet on their legs after the singer took the stage and saw a man in the row behind them with his pants down.
"I just look, and at that point his pants are completely down. He's urinating all over myself … all over my wife," Grevelding said. He added that two nieces, including an 8-year-old, were also hit.
Community and safety implications
The incident and the viral videos that followed prompted frustration from victims who said they expected a more decisive response when stadium staff and officers first encountered the suspect. Grevelding told CBS Baltimore that he had attempted to push the man away from his family and was upset Reed was not detained on the night of the concert.
Officials have not released additional details about whether stadium security or the MDTA Police body-worn cameras captured the encounter that night or whether any administrative reviews of stadium procedures are underway. MDTA Police previously confirmed they were aware of the video footage and conducting an investigation.
- Victim impact: Several attendees, including a child, reported being struck.
- Law enforcement response: Suspect was initially removed from the venue; warrant obtained after further investigation.
- Next steps: Reed remains in North Carolina custody pending extradition to Maryland for prosecution.
The charges carry potential criminal penalties under Maryland law; specific penalties will depend on prosecution and any subsequent convictions. As the case moves through the legal system, Baltimore concertgoers and venue operators will be watching for any policy changes or increased security measures at large events.
MDTA Police did not immediately provide additional comment beyond the arrest notice. Reed was being held in Wilson County as of the announcement; the county jail did not immediately offer further details on his custody status or a timeline for extradition. Baltimore prosecutors will determine the charging and prosecution strategy once the suspect is returned to Maryland.
For now, the episode serves as a reminder of the personal and legal consequences alleged public lewdness and assault can carry, particularly in crowded, family-attended entertainment settings in Baltimore.